The Council’s July Meeting:
- Was postponed because of the high temperatures at the start of the week of 21st July
- Heard from members of the public about:
- Histon & Impington Green Spaces (HIGS) and a request from them for funding from the Council. Trustees of the charity spoke to the need, and alternative views we expressed by another member of the public
- The proposed lease by the Council of a portion of land to Stir to provide outdoor seating for the café
- Heard from County Cllr Hathorn about ongoing staffing crisis at the County Council, particularly in Highways, and looking for Parish Council support with maintenance
- Had a brief discussion about possible routes to parking enforcement once Civil Parking Enforcement comes into effect in SCDC
- Agreed to continue to discuss a possible lease of land next to Stir to the café for outdoor seating. A group was set up to discuss and agree heads of terms for a lease, to be brought back to Council for decision
- Agreed to set up a group to consider the request for funding from Histon & Impington Green Space (Abbey Fields), and to try to come up with a clear decision quickly
- Agreed to fund training for up to 12 people so that they could legally manage road closures. To try to get this in place ahead of the Remembrance Sunday parade.
- Agreed additional funding for more double yellow lines at Bell Hill/Park Lane, Windmill Lane and Cambridge Road near Station Stores, being part of the Local Highways Initiative scheme with the County Council
- Agreed to consider a request to take over the coordination of the Remembrance Sunday parade, including road closures etc. Would have an impact on insurance, require risk assessments etc.
The next meeting of the Council would be September 19th