See below a snapshot of the motions discussed and approved at our last Full Council meeting:
- Council approved a grant to support HI Hub’s establishment of a new printed magazine named Hilights to be delivered to all households in Histon & Impington, which will replace Hisimp News in September 2023. Parish Council Content will be included on 4 pages of the new Magazine.
- An extensive make-over of open space at School Hill owned by the Parish Council next to STIR to be carried out later this year. To view Council’s presentation please click here
- Council’s Recreation Development Group to seek costings from professional advisors to produce a master plan. We will be working with other groups in the village to ensure a joined-up approach for all village facilities. The scope of the project will see improvements of existing and provision of new facilities. It will include consideration of a new artificial pitch on leased land at the Recreation Ground
- Council confirmed it’s objection to the Western Option started in the Greater Cambridge Partnership, Waterbeach to Cambridge 2023 consultation. Council felt this option was likely to have substantial negative impact due to the proximity of the route to residential properties in Impington. For more information, please see Full Council agenda, click here
- To report a Highways fault; blocked gully/drain, pothole or other Highways issue please report it using the tool here: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/residents/adults/organising-care-and-support/care-needs-assessment.
- County Councillor Ros Hathorn reinforced at the meeting the need for urgent community help for reporting blocked drains. Your help is needed, find out more from HI Hub here
- Council committed to evolving Histon & Impington’s Neighbourhood Plan. Anyone who is interested in helping with this important initiative please contact Chelsea O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find out more about Parish Council meetings from our Minutes, to view these key Council documents please click here